The 10 Best Baltic Porters Brewed in USA
The best Baltic Porters are black to very deep ruby in color. Overall, Baltic Porters have a very smooth lagered character with distinctive caramelized sugars, licorice and chocolate-like character of roasted malts and dark sugars. Roasted dark malts should not contribute bitterness, or astringent roast character. A low degree of smokiness from malt may be evident. Debitterized roast malts are best used for this style. Because of its alcoholic strength, aroma may include gentle lager fruitiness, complex alcohols, cocoa-like, roast malt. Hop aroma is very low, though a hint of floral or sweet hop aroma can complement aromatics and flavor without dominance. Baltic Porters are not hop bitter dominated and expressed as low to medium-low. Baltic porters range from having medium to full body complemented with a medium-low to medium level of malty sweetness. ABV: 7.60% – 9.10%. IBU: 35-40.
1. Black Eagle Porter – Black Tooth Brewing – Wyoming
2. Public Enemy Baltic Porter – Dust Bowl Brewing – California
3. Baltic Porter – The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery – North Carolina
4. Herd Of Turtles – Bagby Beer Co. – California
5. Teddi – Rock Bottom Brewery Orchards – Colorado
6. Smuttynose Baltic Porter – Smuttynose Brewing – New Hampshire
7. Crooked Line Sea Legs Baltic Porter – Uinta Brewing – Utah
8. Baltic Porter – Elm City Brewing – New Hampshire
9. Powers of Observation – Ocelot Brewing – Virginia
10. Old Mad Joy – Great Raft Brewing – Louisiana
For Brewing fun fact, trivia, movies and more, Click Here.