Top 10 Belgian Quadrupels brewed in North America
The top 10 Belgian Quadrupels were inspired by the Trappist brewers of Belgium. A Quadrupel is a Belgian style ale of great strength with bolder flavor compared to its Dubbel and Tripel sister styles. Typically a dark creation that ranges within the deep red, brown, and garnet hues. Full-bodied with a rich malty palate. Phenols are usually at a moderate level. Sweet with a low bitterness yet a well-perceived alcohol. ABV: 9.10% – 14.20%. IBU: 25-50.
1. Stickee Monkee – Firestone Walker Brewing – California
2. Brun Royale – Gulf Stream Brewing – Florida
3. Qualified – Taxman Brewing Company – Indiana
4. Box Set: Track #8 (Number of the Beast) – The Lost Abbey – California
5. BROHEAD FRED – Apocalypse Ale Works – Virginia
6. Four Fat Baby – Hillman Beer – North Carolina
7. SistersQuad – Bitter Sisters Brewing – Texas
8. Responsibly – Nebraska Brewing – Nebraska
9. Judgment Day – – The Lost Abbey – California
10. Bourbon Barrel Quad – Boulevard Brewing – Missouri
Stickee Monkee – It has been said that the only constant is change and the same is true for barrel-aged beers. Cut from a similar recipe, this barrel-aged Quad evolves and shows a different face each year; a result of time spent aging in the barrel. Turbinado brown sugar from Mexico adds wonderful molasses flavors that are reminiscent of Belgian candi sugar. It has a full body and lush texture with barrel expression all over; toasted oak, coconut, leather, and rich cigar tobacco.