Top 10 Hefeweizens Brewed in North America
The top ten Hefeweizens have the aroma and flavor of a weissbier with yeast that is decidedly fruity and phenolic. The phenolic characteristics are often described as clove- or nutmeg-like and can be smoky or even vanilla-like. Banana-like esters are often present. These beers are made with at least 50 percent malted wheat, and hop rates are quite low. Hop flavor and aroma are absent. Weissbier is well attenuated and very highly carbonated, yet its relatively high starting gravity and alcohol content make it a medium- to full-bodied beer. The color is very pale to pale amber. Because yeast is present, the beer will have yeast flavor and a characteristically fuller mouthfeel, and may be appropriately very cloudy. ABV: 4.90% – 5.60%. IBU: 10-15.
1. Weisstheimer – 8th Wonder Brewery – Texas
2. Hefeweizen – Gordon Biersch Brewery – Colorado
3. Hula Mastah – Arkane Aleworks – Florida
4. Big Horn Hefeweizen – RAM/Big Horn Brewery – Washington
5. HefeWeizen – Live Oak Brewing – Texas
6. Shotgun Betty – Lonerider Brewing – North Carolina
7. Drunk Monk Hefeweizen – Floyds Brewing – Indiana
8. Hornet’s Nest – The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery – North Carolina
9. Brooklyner Weisse – Brooklyn Brewery – New York
10. Royal Weisse – Sly Fox Brewing – Pennsylvania
For Brewing fun fact, trivia, movies and more, Click Here.