PORTLAND, Oregon — Ecliptic Brewing and Hawaii’s Maui Brewing Co have been working together this year to create a Cosmic Collaboration beer: Ecliptic + Maui Bay Breeze Pineapple IPA. The beer is slated to ship August 23rd, both in 16C-ounce cans and draft.
In view of the recent Maui wildfires, Ecliptic will be donating a portion of proceeds from every pint of Bay Breeze Pineapple IPA sold through their pubs and release events to Legacy of Aloha, as well as donating 10% of all restaurant sales on August 30th. Legacy of Aloha supports Maui Brewing employees who have lost their homes or been temporarily displaced. Any remaining funds will be given to accredited nonprofits working on the ground in Maui.
“We were devastated to learn of the recent wildfires that have caused so much destruction and loss of life in Maui,” says John Harris, Ecliptic’s Owner and Brewmaster. “Garret Marrero [Maui’s Co-Founder] has been a huge leader in the relief efforts there currently, and we wanted to share some organizations Maui Brewing Company suggests donating to below.”
· Makai Foundation
· Legacy of Aloha
· Maui Brewing Co Fire Fund
· Kokua Project – for other breweries
Ecliptic + Maui Brewing Bay Breeze Pineapple IPA starts with a Pale Malt base and is hopped with Sabro, El Dorado and Chinook. A good dose of pineapple puree, along with delicate coconut bring a big tropical vibe to this easy drinking IPA, clocking in at 6.5% ABV.
Ecliptic + Maui Brewing Bay Breeze Pineapple IPA will be released in 16-ounce cans and draft throughout Ecliptic Brewing’s distribution network on August 23rd. Two benefit release events are planned as follows:
· Seattle release benefit event: August 29th at Brewmaster’s Taproom. Ecliptic will donate a portion of proceeds from every pint of Bay Breeze Pineapple IPA sold to Legacy of Aloha, matched by Brewmaster’s Taproom.
· Portland release benefit event: August 30th at Ecliptic Brewing Moon Room (5PM) and Belmont Station(6:30P). Ecliptic will donate a portion of proceeds from every pint of Bay Breeze Pineapple IPA sold to Legacy of Aloha, matched by Belmont Station. Additionally, Ecliptic will be donating 10% of their restaurant sales on August 30th.
· Lastly, both Ecliptic locations will be drop off points for a supply drive for the Maui community through Stuff The Buseco Shuttle. Please drop off supplies (clean blankets/towels, new underwear, menstrual products, diapers, formula, etc) at either location during open restaurant hours until August 20th at 3pm.
Visit Ecliptic’s website or Instagram for up-to-date details on this release and other potential release events.
Ecliptic + Maui Bay Breeze Pineapple IPA
Brewed with our friends at Maui Brewing Company. With loads of pineapple puree balanced against a fruit-forward and subtly piney blend of Sabro, El Dorado and Chinook hops, we rounded things out with a bit of coconut for an extra layer of tropical bliss.
About Ecliptic Brewing
Ecliptic Brewing is a venture from John Harris, an Oregon beer icon whose background is steeped in the state’s rich craft brewing history. The name Ecliptic unites Harris’ two passions: brewing and astronomy. Ecliptic Brewing’s Mothership location opened in October of 2013 in North Portland and its second location – the Moon Room–opened in November of 2021 in Southeast Portland.
Ecliptic celebrates the Earth’s yearly journey around the sun through both its beer and restaurant menus. Harris’ signature beers include Ecliptic Starburst IPA, Phaser Hazy IPA, Carina Peach Sour Ale, Capella Porter, Pyxis Pilsner and LIGO West Coast IPA.
Ecliptic beers are available at the mothership brewery (825 North Cook St), the Moon Room (930 SE Oak St), in grocery stores, bottle shops, and on-tap throughout the area. They are distributed by: Maletis Beverage (Portland, Salem, Vancouver, WA), Bigfoot Beverage (Eugene, Bend, Coast), Fort George Distributing (Northern Oregon Coast, Southern Washington Coast), Hodgen Distributing (Eastern Oregon),Summit Distribution (Southern Oregon), NW Beverages (Seattle, Tacoma), Odom(Eastern Washington, Northern ID), Dickerson Distributing (Bellingham), Hayden Beverage (Idaho), Crooked Stave Artisans (Colorado), Freedom Distributors (North Carolina), Arizona Beer & Cider (Arizona), Beer Thirst (Canada) and Tread Water (Japan).
For Brewing fun facts, trivia, movies and more, Click Here.