GREELEY, Colorado – WeldWerks Brewing Co. will be celebrating eight years of slinging beers Friday, March 3 – Sunday, March 5. The weekend-long bash includes eight anniversary beer releases to commemorate the occasion, specialty tappings, and a Sunday WeldWerks Anniversary Beer Brunch on March 5.
“It’s really wild to step back and realize that 8 years have passed! When we first began we were hoping that we might have a little success as a small, local watering hole,” says WeldWerks Director of Events and Experience Kristin Popcheff. “Now, to see how we’ve grown, from our staff and facility, relationships with breweries that we’ve long admired, and fanbase growing to a national level, has been incredibly humbling and exciting.”
Bottle releases: (all bottle releases available in person)
- Born in the Drop (collaboration with Equilibrium Brewery): Born in the Drop started as an Imperial Stout aged 29 months in 8-year Blanton’s bourbon barrels. This decadent beer is a blend of base recipes for WeldWerks’ beloved Medianoche and Equilibrium’s Imperial Barrel-Aged Stout. After the aging process, the beer was conditioned on marshmallow cream, chopped walnuts, cacao nibs, and a touch of maple syrup.
- EH Taylor Medianoche: EHT Medianoche features a blend of WeldWerks’ flagship Imperial Stout aged in barrels that were used to produce the historic bourbon named after Colonel Edmund Haynes Taylor, Jr., who is considered by many to be the “Father of the Modern Bourbon Industry.” The barrels for this blend consisted exclusively of casks used to age E.H. Taylor bottled-in-bond bourbon for over six years. After resting Medianoche for nearly 27 months in these iconic E.H. Taylor bourbon casks, the final product expresses notes of caramel chocolate fudge, maple drizzled popcorn, cinnamon churros, and glazed apricots.
- Caramel Vanilla Latte Medianoche: Caramel Vanilla Latte Medianoche started as a blend of Imperial Stouts aged 25-27 months in freshly-emptied 6-year E.H. Taylor Bourbon, 15-year Blanton’s Bourbon, and 10-year Eagle Rare Bourbon barrels. After aging, this blend was conditioned on Madagascar vanilla beans, caramel syrup, and cold-brewed espresso. Lending heavy notes of salted caramel, crème brûlée, rich coffee, and light macadamia nut, CVLM is truly reminiscent of your favorite iced Caramel Vanilla Latte
Specialty tapping/draft only:
- Single Barrel Medianoche: Candy Bar Medianoche aged in a freshly emptied 15-year Sazerac Rye barrel for 30 months. After aging, the beer was conditioned on caramel, roasted peanuts, and milk chocolate to produce your favorite candy bar in liquid form
Collaboration beer releases:
- Thunder Snacks (collaboration with Pinthouse Brewing): Hazy India Pale Ale brewed with the following hops: Mosaic, Simcoe, Cryo, Frozen Fresh Hop and Incognito.
- Lumber Juice (collaboration with Great Notion Brewing): Hazy Double India Pale Ale brewed with extra oats and milk sugar.
- This is a Pale Ale (collaboration with Our Mutual Friend Brewing): Old school clear Pale Ale
After a weekend of partying, join the crew for a WeldWerks Anniversary Beer Brunch on Sunday, March 5. This will be a limited seating, ticketed event via Eventbrite. More details to come!
“We’re thrilled to have made it to eight years and we’re already cooking up some fun plans for year ten!” says Popcheff.
ABOUT WELDWERKS BREWING CO.
Established in 2015, WeldWerks Brewing Co. is an award-winning craft brewery located in Greeley, Colorado recognized for brewing an array of beer styles including Juicy Bits, one of the most highly regarded IPAs in the country. Comprised of a passionate group of individuals dedicated to bringing innovative and quality craft beer to the community it serves, WeldWerks Brewing has garnered numerous medals and acclaim on the way, including being named the best new brewery in the country by USA Today in 2016 and multiple medals at both the Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup. The brewery’s charitable arm, the WeldWerks Community Foundation, is a 501c3 nonprofit that supports local nonprofits through events like The WeldWerks Invitational. At WeldWerks, being “dialed-in” is a way of life, helping to ensure outstanding excellence in craft beer, service and beyond.
For Brewing fun facts, trivia, movies and more, Click Here.